One-Yard Wonders projects

Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Night Movie Night and Vacation!

Happy Friday night everyone! Taking a break from movie night to write a quick blog. We made shepherd's pie for supper, watched Scooby Doo for Bo, put him to bed and are now watching some Goosebumps with Mazy.

Biggest news since we've last chatted:
  • Bo's last day at Wee Care daycare was today. He's had an outstanding week and went out on a high note. He'll be home with me and Mazy next week. Mazy is on intersession break and I'm taking vacation Mon/Tues and working from home the rest of the time. 
  • Mazy had a "culminating event" today around their theme of pets. His class performed a play, where each of them was a different animal in a pet store. They had to tell you all about themselves -- appearance, eating habits, habitat, etc. Mazy chose the cuddly tarantula... As usual, I learned something from him. Did you know there are tarantulas in Iowa!!! I didn't know that. Yuck!
  • I'm obviously back from my content strategy conference in Minneapolis. First, it was amazing. I learned so much and I'm so excited to start a new career!!! Second, Mom and I had a blast together! It's always more fun to travel with a friend. We had so much good food. Which reminds me, I need to fill out my expense report.... 
  • Rain is in the forecast all weekend. Bummer. We were going camping for a night this weekend but will postpone for better weather. Looking forward to some time with my boys! If the weather clears, we'll head to the farm for a day and do some mushroom hunting. 
And that's the latest from our household. Off to the farmer's market tomorrow morning -- all four of us, I can't wait! Have a super weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment