One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunshine Followed by Thunderstorms

After a perfect weekend of weather, we're now in the midst of a thunderstorm. Wish I would have gotten the  yard fertilizer applied!

Quick recap of the weekend:
  • Saturday morning: boys and I practiced "circle time" and "activity stations" as part of Bo's new training schedule. We had fun and it kept us busy while Shawn was at the flea market.
  • Saturday at 11:30 a.m.: Mazy and I joined Aunt Jean and Marla at the Ankeny movie theater for, "Hop." Very cute, funny movie! And it will make you want to go buy lots of Easter candy!
  • Saturday early afternoon: We stayed at Doug and Jean's for a couple hours so Mazy and Marla could play on the trampoline and hang out together. We sat on the deck drinking lemonade. It was very nice!
  • Saturday late afternoon: Mazy and I went to the "Craft Exchange" store in Polk City to shop for some fabric for Mother's Day gifts. We also bought fabric for his "I-Spy" quilt and some sports-themed beads for him to make bracelets. And then we went to the ice cream shop and had ice cream cones!
  • Saturday evening: I was exhausted... While the boys watched a movie, I dozed in the recliner. Bo was on my lap the entire time and used my orange highlighter to give himself warrior markings... (see photo)
  • Sunday AM: Made blueberry/banana smoothies for breakfast. Took the boys outside to play. I cleaned out the van and then cleaned out half the garage! Meanwhile, Shawn was inside mopping the floors.
  • Sunday afternoon: Boys napped, I read a new book and Shawn went to a consignment sale at the fairgrounds. He found a cute little outfit for Bo and some games for the boys. 
  • Sunday late afternoon: We took the boys outside to play and decided to rake all the leaves in the front yard and bag them up. The boys were a big help. Then we drove to the East Village Jimmy John's for sandwiches and had a picnic on the picnic table in our yard. While the boys played with their monster trucks, I sanded the picnic table to prepare it for painting this weekend. 
  • Sunday evening: Bath time for the boys, followed by bedtime stories and then bed. I worked on sewing projects for awhile and then read my book more. And now I'm blogging as the rain and winds howl outside. 
Saturday morning project time: Counting Mama's foreign currency from Scandinavia
"Can I spend this money?" (Sidenote: Shawn counted all my leftover money from my trip to Scandinavia in 2001 and determined it's worth about $70!)

Bobo Braveheart. The orange highlighter looked pretty good on him. So good that we left it on all day Sunday!! He even went into Jimmy John's with it.
My finished sewing machine cover. Loved this bright fabric and I couldn't resist adding the pink ric rac on the bottom. I'm in love with ric rac.
Tiny little newborn shirt and matching cap. I still need to stitch around the tree and add some embroidery. The shower is in three weeks so I have time.
Another little newborn shirt and matching cap. I love these little bitty clothes! Can't wait to see the babies who will wear them!
 And that's the update for now. Happy Monday to you all!

    1 comment:

    1. I love those outfits! So cute. I really have to come up with something fast, especially now that I'll be at Keri's shower. Also love the cover, check out mine.

      ReplyDelete