One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Eggs and Stuffed Shells

Another crazy day at work. Yadda yadda. Who cares. Now on to the fun stuff in life! Tonight was Easter egg dyeing night at our house. As soon as we got home, I set up two dyeing stations on the dining room table and gave each boy nine hard-boiled eggs to dye. While Shawn supervised , I worked on supper (which was good!)

 Here are some of Bo's colored eggs. Tomorrow night we will turn them into: Eggosauruses. Stay tuned!


Yesterday, I threw the following ingredients in the crockpot before leaving for work: eight boneless chicken thighs, one can of Italian diced tomatoes, one package of frozen spinach, a bunch of Italian seasoning, minced garlic and salt/pepper. I let that cook all day and then refrigerated it. Tonight, I cooked manicotti shells and then stuffed them with my chicken/spinach mixture. I covered them with pasta sauce, tossed on a handful of homemade bread crumbs and what was left of the shredded mozzarella. I baked them for 25 minutes while Shawn made our salads and I finished stuffing the rest of the shells and putting them in the freezer for two meals down the road. We had a loaf of South Union Bakery's French bread and it was all very good!

After supper and baths, I worked on some sewing projects in the basement. And I took some photos of my new fabrics that I wanted to share. All came from the clearance rack -- just $4/yd!

 Here's a simple burp cloth I made with some leftover fabric from the play-mats I sewed earlier. I stitched a flannel scrap to the back so it won't slide off your shoulder. That's a neat trick I picked up on another blog.

 This is home decor fabric and only $4/yd. Yahhoo! Loved the flowers!

 More home decor fabric for $4 that I'm going to make into shopping bags. 

 The fabric find of the month!! Isn't this awesome dino fabric for new curtains for the boys' room!! And only $4/yd!! I think I have enough to make some cushions for their reading corner, too!

 This 1/2 yd of Chicago Bears fabric was in the remnants bin and it was marked down 50%, so it only cost $1.98. I'm going to make my brother a manly diaper/wipes bag that he can keep in his truck. :)

And these are some fabrics I found at the Craft Exchange in Polk City. They're being turned into gifts. In fact, I've already used some of the polka dot fabric to complete one gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment