One-Yard Wonders projects

Friday, March 4, 2011

Timarines, DBDs and Other 2-Year-Old Talk

My brain and psyche were fried yesterday after work so I didn't blog last night. I fell asleep in the recliner sometime after 9:30 and Shawn woke me at 12:15 a.m. to go to bed. It has been a crazy work week.

But the good news is — it's Friday! And this Friday morning (written at work b/c everyone on my team is out today!)  is my salute to 2-year-old vocabulary, specifically to Bo's most humorous pronunciations and sayings:

Timarine -- Bo-speak for "submarine," we believe he has merged "tambourine" with "submarine." Recent usage: "Daddy, find my timarine for bath!"

DBD -- Bo-speak for "movie on DVD." "Watch DBD, Mama?"

Sockie/Pantsies/Shirtee/Shoesies -- I might have promoted these "ie" words... and Bo now believes they are the correct names for socks, pants, shirts and shoes. "Mama, I need my shoesies!"

Munga -- Imagine him with his arms held out wide, saying excitedly, "It's munga! The monster truck is munga!" Bo-speak for "humongous"

Hi Matey! -- Bo-speak for how a pirate talks, he updated the popular "Arrgghhh, Matey" and I like the friendlier update.

Das cool! -- Bo-speak for "that's cool," as in this morning's conversation with Shawn about Uncle Troy's old bulldozer key that is in the car. Shawn: That's a bulldozer key. Bo: Where's my bulldozer? Shawn: That's Uncle Troy's bulldozer key. Bo: Das cool!

Just ooonnnne more time. -- Sometimes I cringe when I realize how many of my sayings my children pick up. This is definitely one of them. And Bo uses it very cleverly. I am always saying, "Just one more minute, and I'll be there. Just give me one more second, Bo, and I'll read your book." Bo now uses it every night at bedtime, "Just oonnne more book, Mama." And he holds up two fingers. Or: "Just fiiiivvveee more books, Mama." And he has the most devilish little grin when he uses this saying...

Awesome -- It cracks us up to hear someone so young use "awesome" so nonchalantly like Bo does. "Oh awesome, Mazy. That's awesome Legos."

Have a great Friday and weekend everyone!

A very old picture of Bo, but one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment