One-Yard Wonders projects

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Birthday Party at the Farm

My wild rice is cooking in the rice cooker. Shawn already was a total love and deboned TWO rotisserie chickens for me. I need to chop my red pepper, pea pods, pecans and green onions. Make the dressing. And then throw it all together before we leave for the farm at 10:45 a.m.

My contribution for today's tea party birthday luncheon for Grandma Maxine's birthday is Northshore Chicken Salad. It's a delightfully lighter, richer-flavored chicken salad than mayo-based ones. At the last minute, you add sliced avocado. Yum! Check out the recipe here.

I also printed off all my blog posts since mid-December, which was the last time I gave them to Grandma. And of course, there's the bag I made her!!! I also traded in some MyPoints reward points for a $50 Harry and David gift card. I bought two awesome items with it -- a three-tired fancy dessert tower, which I'm taking today, and a six-pack Moose Munch sampler of chocolates/popcorn that I'm taking to Heidi's next week.

Let's see, last night's movie night feature was, "Ramona and Beezus." And it was really cute! We all liked it. Maybe not Bo so much, he still gets bored with "real people" movies after 30 minutes or so. But there was a young boy in the movie, "Howie," who was played by the same actor in the boys FAVORITE TV show, "Dino Dan." The movie was pretty close to the book, so I was happy about that.

Tomorrow we're staying home and cleaning house in the AM. I'm hoping to cut out at least four new sewing projects in the afternoon that I'm giving to charity auctions in April. I'd like to get them finished before KC next weekend if possible.

So that's the plan. Gotta get back to chopping my veggies. And Mazy is dying to eat his blood orange that he picked out at Gateway Market last night. Have a super Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment