One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"That's a Piece of My Body!"

Normally a parent might freak out to hear a 6-year-old say, "Wow, that's a piece of my body." But I was overjoyed to hear it tonight.

Mazy lost his first tooth!
 
 Moments after losing his tooth!


The Tooth

Mazy is a trooper. This tooth has been loose for several weeks. Each night I cajole him into letting me pull on it just a little. Tonight, I said, "Mazy, we can get this out tonight. Do you want me to pull it?"

He thought about it for awhile. He was a little reluctant. But then he looked at me and said, "OK, Mama. Pull it."

So I reached in and pulled it out. Not a peep out of him. He was kind of shocked but very excited. He just looked at it in disbelief and said, "Wow, that's a piece of my body! Can you believe it?!" 

He went downstairs to tell Shawn. And my husband was grossed out by that little tiny baby tooth! I couldn't believe it. But I'm kind of strange. I loved pulling my teeth when I was a kid. That's weird, isn't it? I don't know what I enjoyed about it so much, but it was a fun. 

Putting Tooth in Tooth Monster Pillow

Call it mother's intuition, but this morning I just had a feeling that tooth was coming out today. So I asked Shawn to go to the bank after work and see if they had any silver dollars. I thought it would be fun if the tooth fairy left something other than cash this time. As luck would have it, the bank had GOLDEN $1 Andrew Johnson coins!!! How cool is that!?! Golden coins -- Mazy is going to love it! We decided that he will receive two golden coins for his tooth. I'm hoping to write a little note from the tooth fair, put some glitter with it and roll it up into a little scroll and put that in his pillow too.

And in Bobo news, just wanted to show you the new hairdo.

Bo before haircut:


Bobo after haircut:

No comments:

Post a Comment