One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mazy's "Teeth" Presentation


 Friday at 11:15 a.m., we had the pleasure of watching Mr. Kerns' class give their presentations about teeth. Each child wrote a presentation about a teeth topic of their choice, created artwork to go with it, memorized the presentation and then recited it (using a microphone) in front of a room full of parents, grandparents and siblings.

Mazy's presentation was titled, "Parts of the Tooth."

I will do my best to remember it: "There are four parts to the tooth. The crown is the part you can see. It is made of enamel. Under the crown is the dentin. The dentin is very hard and protects the pulp from plaque. Next is the pulp. It is made up of blood vessels. Finally, there is the root. The root is a string that connects the tooth to your gums. Questions or comments?"

He did an excellent job. I told him it was a very scientific presentation and that I learned a lot. Here are some photos from the presentation, as well as Mazy's corresponding "teeth" art projects. It appears he really got into this subject:
 Sorry for the dark photo. I was too excited to take a good on.

They sang a couple songs during the presentations. Mazy stood with his head down and mouth closed through all of them.

 His "Parts of a Tooth" essay

Illustrations he made using cardboard cutouts of the four parts of the tooth.

 I love this one -- it is a model of a dentist's chair.

 His "Dentist Chair" essay
"The dental chair is the chair that you sit in at the dentist. The chair goes up and down. The chair goes up so the dentist can check your teeth. the chair goes down so you can get up. That's why they have a chair."

 Look out! It's the plaque monster, coming to turn your teeth green!

 "Plaque Monster" essay
"If you never brush your teeth then you will get green teeth. But if you do brush your teeth then you don't have to worry about it for days."

 His drawing of a saber tooth tiger and its teeth

"Saber Tooth Tiger" essay
"The saber tooth cat lived in the ice age. Why did it need giant canines. The saber tooth needed giant canines to help them kill there prey. The saber tooth had sharp molars bekus they swallowed their food hole. Tigers have big canines. But not as big as the saber tooth. Bones are made of tine minerals. You can see saber tooth teeth in a museum."
That's all the presentation fun I have to share. Today was crazy at work... Tomorrow promises to be the same. I want to take pictures of the boys' new haircuts tomorrow. I can't believe how old Bo looks with short hair! No more Bobo Bieber in our house... He does look pretty cute though with his short hair. 

Tonight I finished the second of my mom's birthday presents. I'm hoping to make at least one more. Once I give them to her, I will be sure to post photos for you to see. I think they're turning out pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment