One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sushi Tuesday

What a beautiful day in Iowa. I worked from home today with Mazy who is enjoying his spring break. He watched movies and played with his trains all morning. At 11:30, I convinced him to get dressed and chose a restaurant for lunch. Not surprisingly, he chose sushi. Yeah! It is one of my favorites as well. So we went to the East Village and ate sushi with the power lunchers from the Capitol. It is always an interesting mix of people in the East Village -- politicians, hipsters, professionals on lunch break and a few guys on bikes looking for pop cans.

After lunch we went to Ephemera and picked up my "hot mama" necklace! I love, love, love it!! I promise I'll get some pictures of it up tomorrow. It is so cool and I can't wait to wear it tomorrow!

Then a quick stop at the Village Bean for an iced coffee for me and an OJ for Mazy. Back home I finished some more projects, including fielding an angry phone call from a woman who has called and complained to me before.... She was getting very snippy with me and at one point I had to swallow a sarcastic comment and stop myself from turning bitch on her. But I managed to remain cool, calm and professional. I also passed her off to another coworker.  :)  When you don't have anything nice to say, transfer them to someone else.

I just returned from my sewing studio where I worked on two projects for upcoming baby gifts and finished one little project for one of the babes. It's going to be a very cool gift I think and one that will be valued by those who receive it. 

Tomorrow I'm working from the office in the AM, hopefully meeting my aunties for lunch and then working from home in the afternoon. Mazy is going to work with Shawn and will no doubt have a ball with his grandparents, like he always does!

This is why we need a bigger house! The boys and I made a huge train tack yesterday in the living room and dining room. It's still set up today... We also went outside and played baseball the last two nights. AND I found the first shoots of daffodils coming up in the yard. How exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment