One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lunch with My Aunties

Enjoyed a great lunch today with Aunt Cindy and Aunt Jean, and my mom, at Chili's in Ankeny. The food was good, the waitress was lousy, the company was fantastic! Cindy is in town through the weekend. She's here for Grandpa Keith's 80th birthday on Saturday.

Speaking of that, I just returned from Kohl's where I picked him up a present, bought St. Patty's Day shirts for me and the boys, bought a couple small toys for the leprechauns to leave tonight and some white onesies for some baby shower gifts I'm working on. And since Kohl's is next door to Michael's, I couldn't resist a trip over there to see what was on sale. I found some scrapbook refill pages that were 30%, which I really needed. I also found some of those little sponge capsules that dissolve in bathwater and become little sponge shapes (I bought two for the leprechauns to leave for the boys). And I found some $1 dairies/journals to go with the silent auction sets I'm putting together with the fabric bed pocket organizers I made last weekend.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, we're heading to the St. Patty's Day parade with aunt Sherie, Jenny and Luke. We're going to get sandwiches and chips and make a little picnic of it. It's supposed to get up to 70 degrees tomorrow! But I heard on the radio tonight that it might rain. Boo! No rain on our parade!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all! Let me know how you spent the day -- drinking green beer? eating green eggs and ham? wearing four-leaf clover underwear?

No comments:

Post a Comment