One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Fun!

Beautiful weather, lots of fun and green shirts for everyone! St. Patrick's Day 2011 has been great! Here's a quick pictorial recap:

8 a.m. The leprechauns visited our house last night! They left a trail of pennies from the boys' beds, through the hallway, down the stairs, through the computer room and into the living room where a treasure was waiting!

8:05 a.m. Discovering their treasure! The leprechauns left each boy: 1 St. Patrick's Day t-shirt, 1 pack of tub capsules, 1 Hotwheels color changer car and mini set. They were very excited! 

8:15 a.m. Breakfast sandwiches while playing with their Hotwheels cars. These cars are pretty cool, when you put them in hot or cold water, they change color! I gave each of them a cookie sheet to play on.
 
I worked until about 11 and then the boys and I went to Sherie's and picked up her and the kids. We ate lunch at Ted's Coney Island and then went to the parade. Which. Was. Packed. Absolutely. Wall-to-wall packed and no where to park. So... We went with Plan B: The zoo!




Many families took advantage of the warm weather and visited the zoo today. There's lots of construction underway for new exhibits, which is exciting. Coming this summer: Dinosaurs!

After the zoo we got ice cream cones and then came home so the boys could nap and I could get some work finished. What a fun day!

And here are some pics of my new necklace! I love it. I really do. It makes me happy to put it on each morning and know my boys are hanging around my neck!

This was my new shirt I bought especially for St. Patty's Day -- I like it. I don't have much green in my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment