One-Yard Wonders projects

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sewing Saturday -- Play Mats, Sewing Machine Cover and More!

It's been a great weekend so far -- watched Scooby Doo with Bo this morning, then took him down to my sewing room and worked on a project and then he helped me pick up the house. Shawn and Mazy were at the Planned Parenthood Book Sale at the fairgrounds. They brought home cheap Chinese food for lunch and then the boys took a nap and are still sleeping.

I sewed for about 3 hours -- I finished my sewing machine cover, I finished Troy and Keri's baby play mat, I cut out a baby hat and I cut out a Mother's Day gift! I was going to keep going but then I decided to enjoy the last half-hour or so of quiet before the boys wakeup.

I'll get pictures tonight of all the projects and show you them soon.

Tomorrow we're headed to Nevada for the day. I'm going to take a couple sewing projects with me. I also need to organize my charity auction items and package them for Cathy. Her event is coming up.

Oh, I almost forgot! Last night was Paella Night at one of my coworker's homes. Our work team was the staff and eight other coworkers bought tickets to attend, all proceeds went to United Way. Jill made two kinds of paella -- seafood/chorizo and a cheesy chicken/veggies. We had a case of wine for the 14 people in attendance, olives and cheese, bread, dessert, great music. It was actually a blast. Once in awhile it's nice to get out with your coworkers and cut loose. Some of them cut loose a lot more so than me... I have a strict rule never to get intoxicated with coworkers.

Well, I think I'll peruse some fabric sites and look for free patterns. Take care and hope you're all having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment