One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rainy Night and Handwork

There's been a pretty steady cold drizzle all day long, but you know what, I think it's great! Drizzle in March is SO much better than snow in March! I suppose I shouldn't count my spring chickens before they hatch... Even now the weatherbug monitor on our computer shows snowflakes for today and tomorrow. Let's hope not.

My job continues to kick my butt during the day -- we're just crazy busy right now and down a team member so we're all trying to keep up with more work. Plus, spring break is soon and we all want to enjoy a few days out of the office without worry about the mountain of work waiting for us. But it's a good kind of busy and the days truly fly by.

Good news!!! We got the van fixed today! And by "we", I mean Shawn and his dad and their "connections." There is a beautiful new windshield, a driver's side window that works (I don't have to open my door to get my Starbucks anymore!!), my father-in-law used his magic hammer to remove the dent in the hood, AND there are four pretty new tires on it! How is that for service!

Now if only I could clean it out and make it look as nice on the inside.... A project for a less rainy day.

OK, I have lots of handwork tonight on my mom's birthday presents so I can't be on the computer much longer. But... I want to show you a few sneak peeks of the projects I've been working on! There are three of them, one big and two smaller. I wish I had time to make one more, but alas, I think I have run out of sewing time. But there's always this weekend! I'm taking my sewing machine to my sister's house and we're going to sew, sew, sew each night after the kiddos are in bed and the hubbies are entertained with movies or books or booze or whatever.

Tomorrow night is parent/teacher/student conferences at Mazy's school. Mom is going to hang with Bo while we're there. In honor of Mardi Gras, we're making jambalaya for supper. The conferences are interesting. There are no "S" for satisfactory or "I" for improvement needed. There is now a somewhat complicated "rubric" that graphs the child's development in many different areas. It's pretty cool. According to Mazy's, he's doing well in everything. Very well in reading and math, not so great in music... No surprise there. I hated music class, too. I asked him about it and he said, "Music is fun the days we learn new songs. But not so fun when we have to keep singing them over and over and over. That's so booooring." I have to agree with him there.

OK, have a super Wednesday!

This is the inside of Mazy's "treasure chest." It's an interesting collection. And I often raid it for buttons for my projects!

1 comment:

  1. I love that fabric, I can't wait until my birthday!

    ReplyDelete