One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Working Snow Day

Well, there was no heavenly aroma of baking chocolate chip cookies... Or beef stew simmering on the stove... Or the unmistakable scent of bread baking in our house today.

Instead of delighting in the joys of being home with the boys on a very cold and windy day, I worked from home. Bummer! I got a lot accomplished and didn't have to use any vacation time, but it certainly wasn't a very fun-filled day. Shawn was home, too, so he and the boys had some fun. But for the most part, the two little scamps entertained themselves with Legos, trains, monster trucks, dinosaurs, books and of course, a steady stream of movies.

I think this will tell you a lot about the atmosphere of an ad agency: working from home today, within a 3-foot proximity of a 2-year-old, 6-year-old and 34-year, oops, make that 35-year-old man was far, far less distracting than being at the office. I was able to write news releases and brainstorm new concepts for a brand redesign, email clients and even listen to a one-hour webinar on social media. I wouldn't have gotten half of that done if I'd have been at work!

Tomorrow I am so excited because I have a vacation day and I'm going on a quilt shop hop with my sister-in-law and mother-in-law!!! I'll have to decide on a budget tonight so I don't go crazy. But I'm going to get lots of great fabric so I continue making gifts for all of you! So far, I've kept two of the patterns I've made for myself, and given my son another! But, I am packaging up one of the Not-Ugly-Garbage-Bags for the car and sending it to one of you! Yep, expect a care package from me soon Mystery Person.

Gotta run. Mazy and I are working on his Valentine's Day box tonight. Stay warm and be prepared for awesome fabric previews tomorrow night!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun this weekend. Go to spoonflower.com and check out the fabric it is insane cool... and expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that site is very cool. Definitely expensive, but really neat fabric. Can't wait for you to see what I got us to work with for the Moda contest! Go to the Moda Bake Shop and look for Charm Pack recipes you like!

    ReplyDelete