One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day! Snow Day! Snow Day!!!

Yes!!! My friend Kimmie at work just texted and said Des Moines public schools are already closed for Wednesday! Yahoooo! Finally, a snow day!!!

I'm so excited! I have a bag of chocolate chips. We can make cookies. I can make beef stew on the stove. I can get some bread going in the bread machine. Oh what a fun day we will have! We can watch movies and work on Mazy's Valentine's Day box for school. Bo can help me make V-Day cards for family members.

Shawn was home with Bo today (stomach bug, nothing serious), and he picked Mazy up from school at 1:30 -- when they closed early due to weather. My work... did NOT close... Big jerks. Come on, it's a blizzard out there! If travel is not recommended, we should not be traveling!

When I got home at 5:30, Shawn had a simply scrumptious dinner cooked. He cooked a chicken on the rotisserie oven and roasted Brussels sprouts, carrots, red potatoes and sweet potatoes in the oven. Oohhhh, it was so good!

Well, time to get back to watching "Big Love" with Shawn. More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment