One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fabricpalooza!

I've just spent the last three hours cataloging and choosing patterns for my fabulous fabric finds today! It was a fun, fun, fun day! And do you know why? Because I was buying fabric to make gifts for all of you! And it's so much fun to think of people and choose a fabric to match their personality or one that you think would make them smile.

I took LOTS of pictures today. And I will get them uploaded tomorrow night. For now, a quick recap of our day:
  • We visited 7 quilt shops in southwestern Iowa.
  • We left Des Moines at 8:30 a.m. and I returned home at 6:30 p.m.
  • I bought 30 yards of fabric!!!
  • I spent about $200! Yikes! Holy crap! Thank goodness I had Christmas money to spend or I'd have felt a bit guilty.... 
  • I bought four yards of fabric that have different dinosaurs on them... 
  • I discovered that Mazy likes fabric and tried to steal half my stash!
  • I received five free fat quarters (quilt lingo for a 1/4-yard cut of fabric), 1 free box of pins and seven free quilt block patterns.
  • I have 14 one-yard projects planned and recipients in mind for nearly all of them. Oooh, are you excited!! You're all getting one of them! Isn't it exciting!
  • I bought AWESOME fabric for me and my sis to compete in a sewing contest during the month of March. I am super psyched. It's the same fabric line so you'll get to see what both of us do with it. 
  • My sister-in-law and mother-in-law made the day very fun. Denise bought breakfast. Belinda bought lunch. And I didn't buy them a thing... But, I will make them a project with some of my fabric!
  • When I returned home, I could hear Bo yelling my name before I even opened the door. There is nothing like a cheering section to welcome you home. 
  • Before leaving this morning I made time to get a beef stew in the crockpot. I  used the leftover roasted veggies from earlier this week and it was quite good!
Back to work tomorrow. Then it's out to the farm this weekend to spend the night and have a Super Bowl party to watch the Packers win! (sorry Shawn, I'm not trying to jinx them. I just knocked on some wood.) Mazy has February intersession next week so I took vacation days for Monday and Tuesday, and then I'll work from home the remainder of the week. So all in all, a great time ahead!

Finally, Mazy and I finished his Titantic Valentine's Day mailbox. It is quite a site. I took pictures, but I'm too tired to upload them. Stay tuned. It's pretty cool, I must say. The boy is creative.

Until tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day that must have been - I wish I could sew....and Jordan I'm sorry - since I don't know you don't know either! I'm so envious of all of your projects. Today is snow day for Logan, and she is NOT happy about not going to work! Jordan is on day two of "snow day" - rain and ice. I just showed Logan the movie selections and think we'll hit a movie this afternoon. Gas leak in the new group home....so they have to find that, repair, repair wall....she's being patient.

    Anxious to see pictures of fabric and Mazy's creation. Wasn't Valentines Day just the best. Not for that secret admirer, I just loved getting mail!

    This is Aunt Cindy...we'll see what comes up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy -- you're back!!!! It's nice to see your real name again! Hope you enjoy your snow day -- movie sounds like fun. Not sure what we're watching for Movie Friday Night. I'm heading to Mazy's school in a few minutes to take him to lunch. It's our every-other-Friday lunch date! So much fun! Hugs to everyone in your family!

    ReplyDelete