One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Reflections on 34

Well. This is it. My last night in the 24- to 34-year-old age demographic. My last night when I'm closer to my 20s than I am to my 40s. The last night to find a new job, sell our house, buy an acreage in the country and start a new life!

Dang. I don't think it's going to happen...

I might need to change my "About me" section on my blog and figure out a new life goal. Or.... Maybe I need to get back at it and figure out a new way to drastically change our lives. Or.... maybe I've decided our current life isn't so bad after all. Maybe Des Moines is the place for us. It's a happening city. We're happening 35-year-olds. If our house was just 300 sq. ft. larger and had one more bedroom and one more bathroom, we'd be set. But it isn't. Sigh. It's pretty small.

This is what I will achieve in year 35:
  • Finding a slightly bigger house. In a tree-filled neighborhood. With a big enclosed backyard that has the perfect tree for climbing. And an attached deck or patio. And a place for a hammock. And a corner for a big sandbox. And a fabulous kitchen that I can turn into my vintage dream!
  • Have a revelation about what I am meant to do in this world.... Is it really working at an ad agency? Or is it something else? Can I turn my writing into a fulfilling career? Do I have an entirely different calling?
  • To teach compassion to my children. They're kind of me-me-me boys right now. I want them to learn the joy of helping others. 
  • To visit the Loess Hills in western Iowa and see what all the fuss is about.
  • To take Mazy and Bo on an overnight camping trip and spot a falling star before we go to bed.
There's more, but it's getting late and I better sign off. Before I do, happy anniversary Mom and Dad! They're in Vegas this weekend.

Also, we surprised the boys tonight with a trip to the Incredible Pizza Company. It was a blast! We played games, had supper and then cashed in our tickets for a bunch of junk. Ha! A great start to a birthday!!

Oh, and Uncle T -- sorry I missed your call today! Hope to chat with you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning - and Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day...am sure Shawn and the boys will all be extra sweet today. Love you

    ReplyDelete