One-Yard Wonders projects

Friday, February 11, 2011

It's a Beautiful Morning!!


It's already 23 degrees out and the temperature is predicted to keep on rising until we're in the 30s or maybe even 40s!!! Whoohooo!

Here's my plan: work like a crazy woman this morning so we can take a long lunch break and have fun, fun, fun! We're meeting a couple of my coworkers (both of whom Mazy likes a lot) for lunch at Flour pizza in downtown. Then to the library to take back books and get new books. Then to Stam's for chocolates for the family V-Day party tomorrow. Then to the mall for a present for Shawn. Then to daycare to get Bo and then back home to decorate for the party!

So I'll post updates throughout the day. I have some awesome pics of some V-Day presents I made last night, spur of the moment for a party at Grandma Maxine's on Sunday. And Mazy and I made cookies that we'll deliver to all his grandpas that day as well. Plus, we're going to make more tonight!

OK, gotta run and get this pesky work out of the way so the fun can begin!

11 a.m. update: finished writing two PR plans and thought I'd take a quick break to upload my photos:


Cookies me and Maze made for the grandpas. They're awesome! We didn't use toffee though. Or pecans. We used chocolate chips and butterscotch chips!

 All of the blogs this week are making really fun and cute Valentine's Day crafts and I was itching to try one. But I didn't have a lot of time. I remembered I had four flour sack towels in my stash and lots of leftover strips for a quilt I made my sis many years ago. So.... 

 I sewed the scraps on both ends of each towel, and since there was a white strip on them, i used that area to embroider a little Love.

 For this one I used buttons to add some interest. 

 Here are the three I finished last night. Sorry for the weird lighting in all these. I don't know what's up with that.

Here's the one I did in pink thread. I loved the heart at the end of it! These will be so fun to give to people this weekend! And I didn't spend a cent and used up fabrics in my scrapbox! I have one more left to embroider tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute! Are you exhausted with all of these special projects? Did work get done (and more fun) being done at home this week. Wouldn't it be wonderful if your employer would let you work from home part of the time...why can't the world be more Mother friendly and flexible? Love the towels. Enjoy Valentines

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, I've found I have more energy and get more housework done when I'm working on sewing or scrapbooking projects a lot! It keeps me up and moving and I motivate myself to clean so I can have the reward of working on my hobby! And I always get tons more work done at home rather than at the office... It's funny how a 6-year-old is far less distracting than coworkers and pointless meetings... :)

    ReplyDelete