One-Yard Wonders projects

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Book Sale on Arthur Ave.

 
We cleaned bookcases today. This pile is about 3/4 of what we're going to sell to Half-Price Books. And I didn't even touch the boys' stuff. That's for a day when they're not here. :)

 Here's the main bookcase AFTER the cleanout! Doesn't it look nice and organized! In addition to this bookcase, we have six others in the house. We sort of have a book problem....


Bo's cold was worse this morning. He's not feeling so hot so we decided to postpone our trip to the farm. We might go tomorrow, or maybe we'll just spend a weekend at home.

Because we suddenly had a free Saturday, I thought it was a great opportunity to sort through books and make way for all the new ones we got for Christmas. I started with the main bookshelf in the dining room. It was literally overflowing.... Many shelves are still double stacked, but it looks so much nicer now, don't you think?!

The boys are finishing a late lunch. Then Shawn and Mazy will take our books to Half-Price Books where we will receive pennies on the dollar for them... But it's worth it to get them out of our hair and into the hands of someone who will enjoy them. I've already told them that 25% of today's profits are going into our "Giving Back" piggy bank. It's time we get going on our resolution to earn $100 for The Great Outdoors Fund for Polk County parks.

5:06 p.m. update: Our books sold for $46!! According to Mr. Mathematician, that's $11 for our donation fund!

While Bo naps, I think I might begin a dreaded chore: cleaning out my craft area in the basement. Now that I'm sewing so much, I need a dedicated area for my machine and supplies. And the dining room table and floor is not that spot... So I think I'll bite the bullet and see what I can do to clean out and reorganize my old craft area. It's kind of dark and gloomy down there, but I can spruce it up and turn it into a fun place to hang out and sew my projects! Plus, the laundry area is right beside it so maybe it will encourage me to finish the pile of laundry that's always in the basement.

Speaking of projects, here's a couple updates on mine:

 This pile of materials will soon be my new bedside book pocket! Isn't the fabric beautiful? It will match the gold/red/yellow scheme of our bedroom very nicely.


And here's Irelyn's quilt! Or, at least what will be Irelyn's quilt once I've finished it. I laid out the 20 blocks so there were no like colors or like fabrics next to one another. It was kind of like putting a puzzle together. Then I sewed four blocks together into a row. Once my rows are finished, I'll sew the rows together.

No comments:

Post a Comment