One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Another Project to Begin!

So my mom reads my blog once in awhile and discovered I was making 50 projects this year, and being the smart mom that she is, she requested that one of those 50 be a new bag for her! Her birthday is in March so I am searching for the perfect pattern, and then will chose fabrics. She wants it big enough to carry around an extra pair of shoes and some other stuff.

Had lunch with two of my favorite former coworkers today -- Les and Kelley. I miss them. The office is just not the same. But it was fun to have lunch at Nick's with them!

Tomorrow I'm spending most of the day in Pella, Iowa, for a customer service training session. Ughhhhhhhh. It's FOUR hours long. My gosh, does that sound boring or what. I'm sorry to offend anyone in customer service. It's an important job. And I'm glad you do it and I don't. I have to be trained on it for one of my clients. Fortunately, our entire team is taking the training so we can all be bored together. I'm hoping to talk my boss into stopping at the Jaarsma Bakery on the way home!

Three-day weekend ahead! Yahoooo! Our plans are changing but we're still going to the farm on Saturday,  just no longer spending the night. The Packers are playing Sat. night, so it's probably for the best. Shawn gets agitated watching his beloved team play and it's best one he's in his own environment.  :)  (Just kidding, babe.)

Next Friday is Shawn's 35th birthday!!! Mazy and I are making plans. I have all of his presents ordered. And I have Cousin Jenny scheduled to babysit that night so we can go out to dinner and maybe even see a movie!! Wouldn't that be something! A date!

Well, I'm off to look for bag patterns. Until tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love looking forward to a 3 day wknd. Jordan and Bryan are coming up to deer hunt and stay at the farm - know Cody and Dave will also be out there. I don't really know what the plans are - I go along with whatever. Tell Shawn Miss America is also on - and I do love a pageant!! Miss Mississippi lives right across the street from us - can you believe that?? So, I will have to at least watch the pageant until I see if she gets in the top 10. Not much happening here - been real cold - I mean like highs in the 20's - yes that's cold. Keep busy on your projects. I carry a big bag with me where ever I go - shoes, books, just stuff. Wish your Dad was down here hunting this wknd. I haven't talked to him since Christmas day. Wonder if I will be Cindy - or Frenchy's house party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Aunt Cindy, I think you are destined to be Frenchy's House Party forever! Consider it your alter ego.

    Have fun this weekend with everyone! I can't believe Miss Mississippi is one of your neighbors! Miss Wisconsin is a friend of my former boss! I'll cheer for them both!

    ReplyDelete