One-Yard Wonders projects

Saturday, December 18, 2010

One Week Countdown!

Our dino tree in the boys' room.

Christmas is in a week! Holy cow, how did that happen?

I adore this time of year and I wish I had another day or two off work BEFORE the holidays to enjoy it. Next year I need to remember that and schedule accordingly. But, we do get the entire week after Christmas off at work, which is pretty darn awesome. They close the entire place down for us! I love that about my employer.

OK, quick recap while supper is cooking: shake-n-bake chicken, greenbean casserole, wild rice pilaf and fruit salad.

1. Last night's party was fun! The boys were both very well behaved and we brought home two good presents from the Dirty Santa game (click for rules): the three-bowl condiment server (click here to see it) that Shawn picked out for the present for me to take to the party (I really wanted to keep it and Shawn ended up getting it!) and a big box of chocolate truffles! We each ate one truffle and then I will take the rest to work on Monday for the Elux team holiday luncheon.

2. Mazy's final art class at the Art Center today. We brought home two incredible paintings he made, and a beautifully wrapped present for me! I can't wait to open it on Christmas. They even created their own wrapping paper for the gift. It's beautiful. I'll show you soon.

3. The boys and I took a three-hour nap today. I. Love. Naps. I truly do. Saturday afternoon naps are the best!

4. Christmas train set. I just brought our Christmas train set up from the basement. Mazy has been asking about it for days. It's sort of big and unwieldy but he is so excited to put it together and today was the day. He and Bo are on the living room rug engineering the track now.

5. I have Christmas morning brunch chosen! It's going to be delicious! I am SO excited to be having guests that morning! It will be very festive and fun. Shawn's parents are stopping at our house on their way to Tennessee. We're having sausage/spinach strata, maple-glazed bacon, cranberry wreath pastry, and fresh mint fruit salad. And the best news is, I can make almost all of it the day before!

Thank you Better Homes & Gardens for the excellent recipes and tablescape ideas!

And tomorrow -- one of my favorite holiday traditions -- baking cookies with Grandma! It will be four generations in the kitchen -- Grandma Maxine, my mom, me and the boys! I'll take LOTS of pictures for you. Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment