One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Does Santa Really Know?

Mazy watched his video message from Santa last night.

For the first time in his life, he almost seems to believe in Santa. (Yes, you read that correctly. Almost. Seems to believe in Santa...)

The kid is a skeptic. But this video really threw him for a loop. He's asked me many times how Santa can know that much about him. He asked me if I sent Santa photos of him. He asked me if I talk to Santa. He asked me if magic is real. He asks me to prove that magic is real.... He asked me if reindeers really fly or if it's just a trick. Sheesh. I feel like I'm being interrogated during these conversations. I don't like to lie to him, but come on, he's 6! It's OK to believe in the magic of Santa and that's why I am so excited by that video. I think he believes!

The video showed Santa opening his book to the "Mazy" page, where there was a photo of Mazy. He talked about Mazy's "summer vacation" and showed a picture of Mazy and Kael in Chicago. He talked about Mazy's "big day" and showed a picture of Mazy's first day of kindergarten. He told Mazy that he really wants him to listen to his teacher and do as he's told at school. That's when Mazy really started believing. And when Santa said that Mazy has made progress at school, but could improve even more, Mazy looked at me in shock and said, "Does he talk to Mr. Kerns, too?"

For the remainder of this month, I think Mazy is going to be on good behavior at school.... And if he doesn't, he'll get another message from Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment