One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Day of Movies and Quilts

So I took the advice of my very smart and loving aunt and decided to heck with cleaning and decorating, why not have a movie day with the boys!

We started with the animated, "Curious George" of whom Bo is a BIG fan. When Bo went up for a nap, Mazy and I watched the first Harry Potter movie, "The Sorcerer's Stone." Bo did not nap for long so he caught the end of it. Then they wanted to watch a dinosaur movie, surprise, surprise. So they chose Jurassic Park 3. It's kind of scary in parts, but they love it... I made dinner during most of it. Once Bo was in bed, we watched the second Harry Potter movie, "The Chamber of Secrets" with Shawn.

And throughout the day, I managed to cut out all the pieces I'll need to sew a quilt for my niece Irelyn! Yesterday I cut out all the pieces I'll need for her younger sister Imersyn's quilt. Tomorrow I am hoping to cut out another for a spare. There are a lot of babies being born next year!

One of my New Year's resolutions is to use up a lot of the fabric in my stash and NOT buy any new until most of it is gone. I just ordered a really cool book with my Barnes & Noble gift card I got for Christmas. It's 101 uses for a yard of fabric. Don't be surprised if some of you get some gifts in the mail in 2011!!! Much of my fabric is kind of girly, and well, let's face it, I don't live in a girly household...

So that was our Wednesday. It was nice. I wish I could be home with the boys like this more often. Tomorrow we might head to the Historical Building for a change of pace and maybe grab lunch in the East Village.

No plans for New Year's Eve. I'm hoping somewhere in town is doing fireworks because Bo has been asking me nightly if we can watch fireworks. I don't know what has put this into his head, but he really wants to see them. I do know we are buying crab legs and making sushi that night, which will be fun!!

How about the rest of you? Any plans for the final night of 2010?

1 comment:

  1. Good morning - sounds like the week is going great, and way too fast! Your sledding reminds me of when we were little and Dad would pull us behind the tractor on that old round Coke deal. Which of course would probably be worth lots of $$ today! Oh well. I don't know how Mom stood it with all of us in and out - boots dripping all over the kitchen.... Sounded like a fun day tho'.

    We plan to go see True Grit this afternoon - Dave has gone out to the farm for a while. Going to cook here (I still need to go buy food for the next few days) and then just stay home and away from bad drivers and obnoxious people. Cody and Rachel going out to dinner, Jordan and Bryan in Gulf Shores Al with Bryan's parents...quiet day for us. I'm kind of ready to get back into a routine and back to work. Logan is getting real bored being home. We stayed so busy, then nothing! Happy 2011. Give all your men a hug and kiss!

    OK - what the hell is going on with me being Frenchy's house party!! Now I've signed on anonymous. Really Aunt C

    ReplyDelete