One-Yard Wonders projects

Friday, November 5, 2010

Scrapbook Extravaganza!

Mom and I are scrapbooking tonight until midnight and pretty much all day tomorrow! I'm so excited for a creative break and chance to work on some Christmas presents for the boys.

I'm making Bo an A-B-C scrapbook with photos of him from this year. Shawn and I had to get creative with some of the letters, like X is for eXtra clean boys (to go with a picture of Mazy and Bo taking a bubble bath). I have all the photos organized for that one, and even some papers picked out so it should go together pretty quickly.

I've already made Mazy an A-B-C scrapbook. It was his present from me when Bo was born. He loved it. So for this present, I'm making him a story scrapbook, where he will be an adventurer hired by the Field Museum in Chicago to search for a lost statue. Shawn wrote most of the story last night after I sorted through a bunch of photos of Mazy from this year. We based the story on our favorite pics — so there are cameo appearances by cousins Theron and Kael, little brother Bo, his friend Evan and Grandpa Pud. It's going to be so much fun to work on! (Thank you Shawn for your creative input.)

While I'm scrapbooking, Shawn and the boys have Friday Family Movie Night (sans mama) with pizza and "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" on the agenda. Tomorrow Mazy has art class in the AM and then they're all headed to Nevada to spend the day with Grandpa Dwayne and Grandma Belinda.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that sounds so much fun! I am so behind on scrapbooking, literally years. I know you'd think I'd catch up since I'm home but the priorities of the day never work that way.

    I love your book ideas! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete