One-Yard Wonders projects

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fiesta on the Farm

Saturdays are fun. When I am 97 years old, I think I will still wake up each Saturday anticipating some kind of excitement and fun.

Today I slept in awhile and then woke up and took a leisurely shower, while Shawn made breakfast for the boys. Then it was the marathon to get Mazy dressed, into the van, to art class by 9:15, and then I ran to the grocery store for the remaining ingredients needed for my advent gifts. I was home at 10, quickly put together the remaining 12 gifts, wrapped them, labeled them, packed up the van for the farm, loaded up Bobo and Shawn and made it to the Art Center by 10:45ish to pick up Mazy.

My advent gifts are cool this year. At least I think so. I made baking mixes -- six different ones for each person. You measure out all the dry ingredients needed for the recipe. You're supposed to put them into glass quart jars. But I didn't have 24 of those so I used ziploc bags instead. They're kid-friendly recipes. Each mix comes with a recipe card, telling you what wet ingredients to add and how long to bake it. I think everyone will have fun making treats throughout December.

Then we went to the farm for the rest of the day. We just got home about 25 minutes ago. A late night for the boys, but they both took long naps today. My sister and her family arrived at 5. My brother Troy and his family came for awhile. And then my younger brother and his eldest daughter arrived for supper. It's always great to see all of them and let the little cousins run around together.

We had a Mexican fiesta menu tonight -- chicken tortilla soup, tacos, guacamole, nachos and chicken gizzard burritos. Shawn brought the chicken gizzard burritos -- he knows a family from Mexico who makes them. They're pretty good. I love gizzards. Unless I think about them being an organ in a bird, and then it kind of grosses me out. So I try not to think about that.

Tomorrow we are home for the day. I would like to clean the boys room and get it ready for the big room makeover next weekend. This is Bo's last week in his crib!!! He's growing up so fast. He could probably stay in it longer, but we need the space in their room. I'd also like to paint it, but not sure if I'll have time. Anyway, that's the plan. Talk to you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment