One-Yard Wonders projects

Friday, November 26, 2010

Dinosaur Dance Party

Tonight's the night! I think 25 to 30 family members are planning to join us at the Hy-Vee Club Room in Altoona for Mazy's 6th birthday party tonight. The boys have been in their room "napping" since 1:30... It's now 2:45 and neither of them is asleep. Let us hope for the best regarding their moods.

All the decorations are bought and packed up. I just need to find some good dance music to take with us. We'll leave here at 4:30 and do some quick decorating. Guests are set to arrive at 5:30 p.m. Pizza will arrive at 6. I hope it all goes well. I've never had a birthday party catered before -- but I think it is the way to go!

As I mentioned, the theme is dinosaurs. I bought a 4-foot inflatable t-rex that will greet guests at the door. We also have dinosaur ornaments that each person will sign and then the boys can create a dinosaur Christmas tree for their room. Most of the decorations are Mazy and Bo's dinosaur artwork. Why buy decorations when you can recycle the pages of an oversized coloring book to hang around the room! I also found about 20 of their plastic dinosaurs to decorate tables with. I'd like to get a few balloons, that's the one thing I don't have yet. But, we are going to a Hy-Vee so I could send Shawn and Mazy down to the florist area to buy them. Or maybe stop at the Dollar Tree if we leave early enough and get some there.

Anyway, I better finish packing and preparing. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it should have been a great time! Anxious to see pictures. Hard to believe that Mazy is 6 already. Fun age - young enough to not be a smart a**, but can take care of themselves. Enjoy these years.

    ReplyDelete