One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Decorating Day




The tree is up. I cut fresh evergreen and made a wreath today. It looks so pretty in the back porch. I will love seeing it on my way to work and coming home each day. I also cut a few evergreen boughs, stuck them in a pretty glass vase and set it in the kitchen so I can have the smell of evergreen while I cook. When we move into a new house (hopefully in 2011), I'm going to start getting real Christmas trees again!! We just don't have the room here.

The boys decorated two mini trees for their room. One has traditional ornaments, and the other -- care to guess? Dinosaurs, of course!

I also finished cleaning the front and back porches. They look great! A huge improvement and now I don't feel embarrassed when people come to the door.

Mazy and I went shopping for a few more Christmas gifts. Once home, we broke out Bo from his nap and went outside to play for awhile. It was just too nice not to get them some fresh air.

And now, the final hours of my four-day Thanksgiving vacation. It is hard to accept that the second longest time-off from work each year is over. I love the anticipation of holidays and breaks from work! But going back is just a drag....

And can you believe that December begins in just a few days!!! I can't believe it. This year has just flown by and the next month will be here and gone before I know what happens.

I don't have my photos from the birthday uploaded yet, but I will soon. In the meantime, those above are from a couple weeks ago -- the wild men in the gigantic bathtub at Grandma Belinda's house!

No comments:

Post a Comment