One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Advent Gifts Galore!

For many, many years -- so many I can't remember when it started -- my mom has bought us "Advent presents."

When we were kids, every day in December one of us was in charge of hanging an ornament on advent calendar Christmas tree and then choosing a present from the basket below it. We each got six presents throughout December. Presents were anything from food items to socks to jewelry to gloves. Not expensive items, but things you would like. When we went off to college, Mom continued to send us presents to open every four days. Which was sweet! My friends were always jealous of this tradition.

Then someone wised up and said, "Gee, Mom would probably like someone to buy her presents to open during December." So then the Advent gifts changed. My brothers "graduated" from the program (sorry boys) and we decided to invite Grandma Maxine and Aunt Sherie to join in the fun. Each of us was in charge of buying 24 small gifts -- six for each person on our list. So then we each get a gift to open EVERY SINGLE day of December!! It's so fun!

We traditionally exchange our Advent gifts on Thanksgiving weekend. This year, I'm at the in-law's for Thanksgiving so I need to have them all ready by this coming weekend. Of course I haven't bought any of the gifts yet... (I'm behind this year.) But I do have a really fun plan. Mazy and I bought all the stuff we need to make them and I'll get to work tonight.

I can't say much more because many of the people who get these gifts also read my blog. And I of course want to surprise them!

Now Mazy and I are off to get Bobo from daycare. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment