One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Apples are a Fruit with Stems"

October 6 Halloween Fun:
  • Left work early, met my cousin Cody for lunch, got the boys out of daycare/school early and enjoyed an afternoon in the backyard! With this beautiful weather, Halloween crafts have been put on hold so we can enjoy finding fall leaves, tossing pumpkins and other outdoor activities. Cody was so much fun. The boys just adored him. I wish he lived closer to us, he's my favorite Southern male cousin.
  • Made apple cider glazed ham roast (in the crockpot), rosemary/balsamic vinegar roasted acorn squash, Iowa sweet corn and apple salad for supper. Yum yum!
October 7 Halloween Fun:
  • We attended Mazy's first "culminating event" at the Downtown School. All the parents and some grandparents attended a special event where each child in the class gave a small presentation and showed us the art project they made around the first topic of the year: apples. Mazy was the first presenter! I was so nervous for him. But he did a great job. The one line I remember was, "Apples are a fruit with stems." They all wore t-shirts that they had designed with apple halves and red, green and yellow paint. Mazy's presentation was on "apple orchards". It was great! I have a photo of him in his t-shirt that I'll post later this week.
  • Tonight I'm going shopping with my mom and out to eat. I can't wait! Need a sassy new outfit for my dinner out tomorrow night with my uncles from Cape Cod. So many family members in town this weekend for the annual Wirt picnic. It's going to be a great time seeing them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment