One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Welcome to September

Cubbie Bear, Mama and her boys at the I-Cubs game Saturday night.


The Hanson brothers climb a tree at Great- Grandpa Pud's house (Mon. AM)


Sweet cousin Marla on the farm (Mon. afternoon)


Cutie-pie niece Irelyn opening the new dolls I made her for her
birthday. I'm such a crafty auntie!


Adorable Bobo picking up the tomatoes he accidentally dropped
after picking them off the tomato plants in our yard. (Sun. AM)

Another holiday weekend come and gone. Another summer is unofficially over. I love fall so much, but it's always bittersweet to say goodbye to summer. Even though we work and the boys go to daycare, June through August just seems like more fun, less work and extra play.

Now I really have to get serious about selling this house. Ugh!!! Just the thought of it fills me with dread. First step, go through closets and the basement for garage sale items. My friend invited me to join her for a garage sale on Sept. 25. It's time to clean house! And hopefully make enough money to pay for our family getaway to Honeycreek Resort in October. That's my goal anyway.

In other news, we created a chore calendar for Mazy. I read that giving children chores at an early age increases their likelihood of being successful adults. I don't know if it's true, but hey, it's a great excuse to give him some of our housework! So his chores are:

1. Help with his and Bo's laundry (I taught him how to wash and dry tonight. He was so excited! He asked if we could do laundry every night...)

2. Carry all the dirty dishes from supper into the kitchen and put them in the dishwasher.

3. Recycling man -- he not only puts away the recycling, but is in charge of carrying the big recycling bin out to the recycling dumpster.

4. Dusting -- he asked for this chore and I said, sure!

5. Put away art supplies every night -- he HATES this job but it's his mess and it's time he started cleaning it up.

6. Sweep the dining room floor after dinner. He also loves this chore.

Bo is still too young for many chores, but he enjoys picking up toys and books (most of the time) so we continue to encourage that and he likes to help me wash fruits and vegetables when I'm cooking. Speaking of the boy terror, he had a so-so day at daycare. Apparently he pinched a teacher when it was time to come in from recess... But he was "good" in the afternoon. Way to end on a positive note, Bo!

No comments:

Post a Comment