One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's Honeycrisp Season!

Mazy's class visited the Center Grove Apple Orchard today. Shawn met them and helped chaperon. Both agreed it was a fun time. Mazy got to pick apples, ride on a hay wagon and see the apple-sorting machine in action. And eat an apple of course. Shawn brought home a bag of Honeycrisp apples, which if you have never had, are the BEST tasting apple you will ever eat. Seriously. They are delicious. Go to your nearest orchard or farmers market and find them! Expensive, but worth every cent. I think many grocery stores carry them too, but only during this time of year.

Anyway, when the field trip was over and the kids were about to get back on the bus, Mazy became sad and started to cry. So Shawn, the big softie, asked if he wanted to go to work with him for the afternoon. School dismisses at 1 p.m. on Wednesdays so Mazy was only going to miss lunch and the end of art class. So it wasn't a big deal. The two of them hung out at the shop and colored dinosaur pictures most of the afternoon. I think they had a great day together.

Oh, I made Manhattan Clam Chowder in the crockpot today. It was delicious! Definitely a recipe I'll make again. Of course, Shawn and the boys did not like it, but I did! And darn it, my opinion has to matter sometimes -- especially when I'm the cook!

Last bit of news -- only two days left until my personal attendant duties on Friday. I got my list of "action items" today, including being contact for the flower and cake ladies, helping decorate, putting petals down the aisle before the ceremony, sewing the bride's bra into the wedding dress while she's wearing it (no joke, she told me I'd be doing this!), and overall exuding an attitude of "keep calm and carry on" throughout the event. I think I can do this! Though the bra thing has me a little scared. I've been advised to take duct tape and super glue as a backup.

1 comment:

  1. Field trip sounded like a great day...don't you wish it was you going? Keesia, you can also buy special tape for dresses or I've heard you can use mustache tape also. I wouldn't want to sew a bra into a dress, especially when the person is wearing it! Afraid I wouldn't do it right, plus, I'm pretty modest.
    good luck

    ReplyDelete