One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, September 13, 2010

Grandparents Day Presents

So I was still feeling guilty about forgetting to call all the grandparents on Grandparents Day yesterday. Then I saw a super easy craft on Martha's Craft of the Day (which I have emailed to me at work because I like to dream about crafting while I'm writing ads for expensive appliances and windows) and so that's what Mazy and I did tonight after Bobo went to bed.

I won't say what they are because I know one grandparent reads this blog and I don't want to spoil the surprise she'll get in the mail. But I know she can use it and will enjoy it! I love to see what Mazy comes up with for each person when he's making gifts. It always surprises me. For instance, for his Grandpa Keith, he picked a cowboy sticker and drew a grain bin because he's a farmer. For his Grandma Belinda, he drew a peach because she bought us peaches this summer and he enjoyed them very much, and he also insisted on using the Easter basket and Easter egg stickers. Well, you get the idea.

Keeping it short tonight. I have projects to work on. Looking forward to my friend Les' wedding on Friday. I'm the personal attendant. I've never done that before, but I'm going to kick ass at it! Shawn and Mazy are joining me at the wedding, and Bobo is heading to the farm. Yes, I know he gets sent to the farm a lot. But he loves it there, and considers it a treat. And we love sending the little monster there. :)

Oh, I bought the landscape fabric for our new play area! I went to Menard's on my lunch break. See, I told you we were serious about this project!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed. I know that whole grandparents day is a fairly new holiday and I always forget. Proud of you and the boys! Just what does a personal attendant do? I think I want one in my daily life - you up to it?

    ReplyDelete