One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day at Our House

Star Wars shirts for everyone! Doesn't Shawn look good in dark brown?!

Bobo kissing Daddy with Mazy at the Sculptural Garden on
Saturday night. Yes, I got him to go!


The boys are upstairs jumping on our bed. I am just waiting for a loud thud, a cry and "I didn't do it! Bo fell off the bed all by himself!"

We let Shawn sleep in until 9, and then Mazy was just dying to go wake him up and show him where he had hidden all his presents. I bought Shawn, Mazy and Bo coordinating Star Wars tshirts this year. They will look so cute when we go to All-Play for lunch! Shawn wants to go play arcade games with the boys so we're heading to downtown to a sports bar that has lots and lots of them. We also bought Shawn USA Today's NFL 2010 Preview issue, two books in the new series he's been loving all spring -- the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, a new Lego board game -- Monsters 4, a homemade dinosaur card by Mazy, a homemade kite bookmark by Bo, a King for a Day crown that Mazy made and new underwear from me. Yes, it's practical, but I got them in fun colors at least.

I was planning a sausage/garden herb and veggie frittata with cinnamon rolls and lemon poppyseed muffins for breakfast. Last night Shawn informed me that he wanted either creamed eggs on toast (a Hanson family favorite) or biscuits and gravy. Well crap. I didn't have hard-boiled eggs for creamed eggs on toast. I had no refrigerator biscuits for biscuits and gravy. So weighing my options and the time, I decided to make homemade biscuits for the gravy.

I won't bore you with the details, but after 45 minutes of chasing boys out of my flour bowl, dropping an egg on the floor, spilling all my spices out of the bowl I keep them in, rolling out dough and cutting beautiful round biscuits, making homemade gravy, chasing boys away from the hot oven, and pretty much covering my kitchen in flour and dirty dishes, the damn things turned out terribly. They were flat, too floury tasting and didn't rise at all. Hmmphh.

Oh well, I'll redeem myself with homemade cherry pies this afternoon.

Time to dress the boys in their Star Wars outfits and get to AllPlay!

5:45 p.m. Update: AllPlay was fun, really fun. Mainly because their Internet was offline so they switched all the games to "Free Play" and if you don't know what that means, it's unlimited playing for free! Talk about a good Father's Day present for Shawn. He and Mazy played for nearly three hours. Then we came home for naps and Shawn went to Mayhem comic bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment