Mazy and a 237-year-old tree at the State Historical Society.
Mazy and his fine arts submission, "Monstro Sidekicks". It featured a shark, vampire, tarantula, alien, T-Rex and a couple other giant creepy heads. His artwork will be on display at the Cultural Building during the 2010 Iowa State Fair.
Strawberry picking at the Berry Patch. We got a ton of cherries, too! Tomorrow I'm going to make cherry pies and tarts.
Wow, 6:19 on Saturday night, here's a quick recap of our day so far:
- Strawberry and cherry picking at The Berry Patch in Nevada
- Lunch with Dwayne and Belinda in Nevada (Shawn's parents)
- Naps for Shawn and Bo
- Fine art submission at the Cultural Building at the State Fairgrounds, Me and Mazy
- Visit to the Iowa Historical Museum, Me and Mazy
- Visit to Pappajohn Sculptural Garden in Downtown Des Moines, Me and Mazy
- Supper at home, all of us
- Pending: Trip back to the Pappajohn Sculptural Garden with Bo and Shawn to celebrate one of the longest days of the year