One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Welcome to ... Jefferson??



When I get excited about something, I tend to get a little overzealous. Thank goodness for Shawn, who tries to slow me down and be more methodical about giant life changes such as the one I have suggested.

But, that said, I totally found an acreage for us!! Shawn suggested the Jefferson area for our future home earlier today -- it's not too far from Nevada where his parents are, it's not too far from Panora where my parents are.

Trivia fact: I was born in Jefferson, Iowa, during a blizzard. Remember that for my biography one day.

Anyway, tonight I decided to do a little dreaming and did a property search of Jefferson. Incidentally, of the 29 properties listed, only two were out of our price range! Whoohoo! Awesome! Of course, that's based on our current salaries and not our new and exciting, yet-to-be determined careers. But still, exciting.

So the third listing was for a cute little white house that said: imagine yourself in the country. Of course I perked up at that. It is awesome!!! A little three-acre home that comes with its very own general store! Can you believe it! Can you imagine the possibilities of having a bonafide old-timey general store on your property! I immediately thought of turning it into Shawn's ultimate gaming center, or my ultimate crafting studio, or an antique/junk store for Shawn to run on the weekends, or a freelance writing studio for me, or a year-round Haunted House!

Plus, this property comes with a chicken coop, a play house, a shed, a three-car garage, two grain bins and of course, a house! And they have raspberries, rhubarb, peach tree, apple trees, grapes, asparagus and rhubarb. Oh, I am in heaven!

But, I'm getting a little ahead of myself. I need to start working on my resume and get it sent out tonight. But isn't it great that a place like this exists -- if this house is out there and affordable, others will be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment