One-Yard Wonders projects

Friday, May 7, 2010

Step 2: finished -- resume updated and sent


Well, not to toot my own horn, but damn, I have a hell of a resume after working at Iowa's largest marketing and branding agency for four years.

I decided a new life called for a new resume. So I started from scratch last night and added fancy things that I didn't have on it before: overarching statement of skills, accomplishments, other talents/abilities, interests/activities. It's looking good!

I proofed it several times and emailed it to my contact at the Midwest Partnership. Here's my dream career: full-time job with a local (preferably sustainable ag or renewable energy) organization who could use me for PR, communications, marketing, etc. and part-time work with local farmers and groups who need PR help. I would love to barter with them for work -- I just think it would be fun to work with them! So once I am established, look out Western Iowa farmers and cute little shops, I'm coming to find you!

I'm in between proofreading jobs at work and taking a short break. I am hoping to get out of here at 3:30 today to get the boys and head to Nevada. Also, I am trying to talk Shawn into driving to Jefferson on Sunday as part of my Mother's Day present. I would love to look around downtown, checkout the schools and just see how it fits us. We'll see if I convince him...

One more thing, if you are interested in the real estate scene in Jefferson, now you can check it out. Look for my acreage with the country store! Yes, I like to think of it as mine now. I have come up with so many things to do with it already!

Uncle Bob -- would you come help me create my very own summer jam kitchen in it? Wouldn't that be fantastic. And then I could have quilting and scrapbooking retreats in it. And have jam classes using all the delicious fruits from my acreage. Oh the possibilities!

2 comments: