One-Yard Wonders projects

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Farmers market... check. Next up, carousel ride!


What a beautiful morning! Weatherbug says it's 57 degrees, sunshine and blue skies. Just finished breakfast. I went to the farmers market, got there about 7:30. (The crowd was similar in size to today's photo.) I bought: bag of mixed greens, asparagus, radishes, green pepper for Mazy's preschool project on Monday, apple wood-cured bacon, strawberries, green onions, apple cinnamon pecan bread, pumpkin bread for Shawn, and a bacon breakfast pizza slice for Mazy and Bo.

With my ingredients, I believe I will make a delicious salad with toasted pecans, and pasta with bacon, asparagus, red and yellow peppers, and green onions. I think it sounds pretty good. I was so tempted to buy some of the really funky mushrooms that a guy sells, but they're pretty expensive. Maybe next time!

Now we're chilling until the carousel ride at 10:45. It's just two blocks south of us so we probably won't need to get the boys ready until 10 or so.

Acreage update: Mom talked to her friend Mary Kenney and she thinks she knows where that acreage is. And she said it's just down the road from a pumpkin farm! Whoohoo! That would be so awesome to be neighbors with the pumpkin farmers. I also mapped the acreage last night, and it's west of Jefferson, on a paved road.

Until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment