One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, November 22, 2015

First Flu of the Season

Well, midway through my business trip to Fargo last week, Shawn called at 11:30 p.m. to inform me that Violet was sick. That began a 96-hour flu fiasco in our house. Violet, then Mazy, then Bo and then me on Friday night and Saturday. Let's hope we got this out of the way for the holiday season. And Jane, if you're reading, sorry I didn't get you called back on Friday. I'll call you Tuesday when I'm back in the office.

So, my four-day weekend didn't start off so great but hopefully we'll make up for it tomorrow when me and the boys have a day off together. We're looking forward to it! Not sure yet what we're going to do. Mazy wants to go ice skating. Bo wants to go to a movie. Maybe the weather will help us decide.

Today's weather was perfect for sledding! On Friday, Des Moines got its first snow of the season, about 7 inches. So today, after the entire family went grocery shopping at Sam's Club, where we bought a new flying saucer sled, I took the boys to Union Park to go sledding down an awesome hill. It was so sunny that it didn't feel cold out at all.






We returned home just in time to watch the Packers game, and hallelujah, they won! I don't think the men in this family could have handled a loss a fourth week in a row. Needless to say, they were all in great moods tonight. Violet got a nice long nap in while we were sledding. I felt kind of bad about not taking her, but there's no way she would have made it up that hill without her dad carrying her. And my rule is, if you can't climb up the hill by yourself, you shouldn't be sliding down it. :)

Guess that's about it. Hard to believe it's Thanksgiving week already! I think we have most of our Christmas shopping finished for the kids now, and we almost have Mazy's birthday ready to go. I have a lot of days off in December so I'm looking forward to some fun times with the family!

Hope you all have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment