One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, May 3, 2015

The End Is in Sight

Next Thursday the house is going on the market. Ready or not.

We are all so burnt out of cleaning, organizing, sorting, fixing, hiding, painting, replacing, polishing, dusting, washing, sweeping, vacuuming, despairing, etc.

This has been the never-ending project to get this house ready for market and it's really starting to get us all down. Every weekend we have a list of chores with no end in sight and it just stinks! We are ready to move to Nevada!! So come on potential buyers, just buy this place already and let us move on. :)

Today is beautiful out. I know because I spent much of the morning painting a wall and window in our bedroom, and I had all the windows thrown open to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. Uncle Doug is coming next week to do the rest of the paining. Yeah Uncle Doug! We should have done more yard work today because the rains are coming. Oh well. Shawn mowed, so that's something.

We have a short break now before Mazy's flag football game at 5. He and Shawn will leave at 4 for practice, but I'll bring the other two later. Violet needs a nap and she just went down about 30 minutes ago....

In other news, Shawn and I took Friday off and Mom joined us for our annual trip to the What Cheer Flea Market. It was a beautiful day for it! And it was so crowded! It took us 20 minutes of driving around that tiny town just to find a parking spot. We've never been there when it was so busy before.

We didn't buy much this trip (we are trying to clean out our house, after all) but I did get a couple of fun things -- a 1960s Singer children's sewing machine for only $8, some awesome Barbie doll clothes for Violet, a glass flower frog for arrangements, and I guess that's it. There were so many things I could have bought... but I want to be in my new house before making many purchases.









We have another busy week ahead -- a bajillion last-minute tasks before the Realtor comes on Thursday; Bo's culminating event on Thursday; the Downtown School Auction with my sister on Friday night; Mother's Day at the farm on Saturday; and Mother's Day and a flag football game on Sunday.

Here are a couple more pics from my phone:










No comments:

Post a Comment