One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Ob La Di, Ob La Da, Life Goes On

I was driving to work this morning, and I was just approaching the downtown bridge where all the bald eagles live in the winter. The sun was shining with a sun dog on either side. The ice and snow was so bright and glittery, and I thought, "Grandma Maxine really disliked winter. At least she doesn't have to watch another snowy February." Thinking about her made my eyes well up. Then the Beatles came on the radio and started singing, "Ob La Di, Ob La Da" and I smiled and thought, life is going on just like it's supposed to.

Grief is a funny friend. You don't really like to see him, but you would be very disappointed if he left too soon. We wear our grief like a badge -- it's a solace, a reminder that we loved enough to feel pain when the person is gone. It's not something to hurry through or try to avoid.

We are all heading to the farm on Sunday for lunch with all the family. We all joked about who's bringing Grandma's famous caramel rolls. No one has ever tried to make them. She was so good at it, why should we? :)

The boys had their school conferences today -- both got great reports from their teachers. I am so proud of those boys. They're now on break until Feb. 16. I wasn't going to take any time off during this break, but maybe I will now. It would be fun to surprise them one day with something special.

And so there you go, another day passes. Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment