One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Wrapping up Thanksgiving and Kicking off Christmas!

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since we've talked. It's been busy, busy, busy. Most of my freetime with my computer has been spent organizing and planning for Christmas. And I am very happy to report that I am DONE with my Christmas shopping!!!!

In addition to having it all bought, I even WRAPPED all of the kids presents today and put them underneath our DECORATED Christmas tree!! Whoop whoop! Let's hear it for this working mom because let me tell you, it's been a crazy and productive weekend. 

We had a great Thanksgiving with Shawn's family. The leftover roast beef from that meal is starring in our homemade beef pot pie tonight, which I just pulled out of the oven and have resting on the stovetop. I just served Mazy and Shawn little cups of acorn squash bisque -- again, homemade all the way. And right now cherry brownies are baking in the oven (using up the leftover cherry pie filling from Thanksgiving as well.) 

I have worked my butt off this past month to try and catch up at work and get ahead of the Christmas craziness so I can actually enjoy this month, which is definitely a favorite of mine. I have so many fun events planned for me and the family. And after a couple of weeks of working every night (I even went into the office on Friday and worked from 8:30 to 3:30.... ugh, do you know how much that stinks to be the only person at work in a giant warehouse? But I got a lot finished and made sure I was ready for a big client presentation at 9 a.m. on Monday morning (yeah, real good timing on that one, account service....) 

So this week, I have the afternoon off on Wednesday and I think I will surprise Violet with a mother/daughter shopping trip so she can pick out presents for her brothers and dad. Then on Thursday, we're taking the whole family to Valley Junction for a holiday event that promises live reindeer, carriage and trolley rides, Mr. and Mrs. Claus, a balloon artist, ice sculptures and more! Sounds like a good time to me!

Next weekend is Mazy's 10th birthday. Man, I cannot believe he's 10!!! Lots of fun planned for that. I better get back to my sink full of dirty dishes. Oh thank goodness, the Packers just scored again. Shawn and Mazy were getting very loud and grumpy in there. My evening is always much more enjoyable when the Packers win. 

A few pics from this weekend and the last couple of weeks:


Holiday Peeps Taste Testing Event at our house today -- I only wanted a Candy Cane Peeps. The other flavors did  not interest me at all: Red Velvet, Sugar Cookie and Hot Cocoa. Everyone agreed, the Candy Cane were the best. 

My cousin Jenny with her beautiful new baby daughter Jeniya who was born on Thanksgiving Day. Congratulations Jenny and Sergio! She is the cutest little sweet potato ever! 

I returned home one day and Mazy showed me this scratch with the explanation: "Bo threw the cat on my head!" Boys.....


Mazy helped me make a coconut cream pie with meringue topping for Thanksgiving. It was pretty good. We need to work on our meringue spreading abilities. 

Shawn made a homemade coffee cake the night before Thanksgiving so we would have a fast and delicious breakfast waiting for us when we woke up. 

We have three coffee drinkers in the house. Top left: Mazy's black coffee with three ice cubes. Top right: Shawn's coffee with rice milk creamer. Bottom: My coffee with about 1/2 cup of Half and Half. We have all the shades covered. 

I have no idea when this was taken or why, but it's funny. Violet had strep throat and was home almost all of one week so I'm sure it was during that period. 

I also took a random video of her during that session. 


One of the snowfalls we've had this winter already. It's kind of crazy how cold and snowy it's already been. 

And this is the only picture of Bo playing basketball. He went to practice finally and then said, "That's all." He didn't play that game and we haven't taken him back. No b-ball for Bo. But Mazy is doing very well -- he's an awesome rebounder!

No comments:

Post a Comment