One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Taxes Filed and More Snow

What a relief. Taxes are finished and filed! Always a happy night in my year to get that chore off my to-do list. Happy news -- we're getting refunds from the state and the feds! Whoohoo! More money for new furniture for the new house. Whoohooo again!

We weren't in the mood for cooking supper tonight so we took the kids to Perkins -- kids eat free on Tuesdays. The kids were good. Violet was very hungry when we arrived and I feared the worse, but she hung in there and thanks to my side salad with croutons and cheese she made it through until the food arrived.

As the heading said, it was snowing again when I drove to work this morning. Nothing substantial. Nothing that stuck. But still! They are teasing us with warm temps this weekend -- it better hold true. We are ready for some sunshine and outdoor time!

Looking forward to ISU men's basketball game on Friday! We're heading to my aunt's house to watch the big game at the Big Apple! Go Iowa State! Go Freddy! Go Cyclones! Go!

Saturday will find us in Nevada for Little Miss Violet's 2nd birthday -- can you believe it! I can't. Where did our chubby little baby go? My Violet is such a dear. She gives the best hugs of anyone I know -- she grabs me around the neck, smooshes her cheek into mine and hugs me for all she's worth. I just can't get enough of that girl!

Well the night is ticking away and we've got work yet to do. Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment