One-Yard Wonders projects

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Chili and a Packer's Loss

To celebrate the official start of the 2013-2014 NFL season, we made chili today for supper. It was delicious, even though it's supposed to be 99 degrees tomorrow.... The Packers lost. Bummer. But as we keep telling Mazy, it's just one game and many, many, many more to go.

Bo and I ditched the game and went shopping. I've been wanting a 15-pound weight for exercising and since the sports store is next door to Jo-Ann Fabrics, we went there as well.

Oh, before I forget, Happy Grandparent's Day to all of you who are grandparents! Bo picked out presents for the grandparents, which we will deliver this week. They're working on cards, too.

We did a lot of laundry today, too. Got my suitcases unpacked and put away. Need to get more laundry put away before the kids go to bed.

We started the day off well with a 35-minute walk through the park. It was cool this morning, but boy is it going to be a hot week. I am looking forward to cooler temps and fall days. It looks like we're heading to Adventureland next weekend -- we'll go while everyone else is watching the Iowa vs. Iowa State football game. Sunday I might invite some people over to help me pack and work on the house. Shawn is sad because he's not decorating for Halloween this year because I am still determined to get this house sold this fall. I told him we can't have shrunken heads hanging from the ceiling in the For Sale photos...

Let's see, not much else is happening. A very busy week ahead -- a big client presentation tomorrow, an all-client meeting on Tuesday and somehow catching up on all the work that I missed last week. It's going to be a rough one.

See you later!


No comments:

Post a Comment