One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Heat Wave Continues

On the way to lunch, my coworker and I passed a group of five men pouring hot asphalt on the street. Today's temp was close to 100 degrees. Without a doubt, those poor guys had the worst job in town today.

I couldn't help but compare it to my job, where every day the women complain that it's "too cold" in the building and walk around in sweaters and fleece sweatshirts! Seriously, in the middle of a brutal heatwave they're complaining about the cold... It's unfortunate we can't share some of our air with people who would really appreciate it.

Anyway, I digress. All day I kept thinking it was Thursday and that tomorrow would be Friday before a three-day weekend. Alas, it was not and there are two more work days to get through. Our Labor Day weekend plans are starting to shape up. I still can't believe Labor Day is this weekend!! This summer flew by faster than nearly any I can remember. I don't know why that is. Maybe because we've been trying to get the house ready for market, and shuttle around three kids and still enjoy the weekends and a little free time.

So now the summer is over and the house isn't on the market yet. I've got a bunch of travel in September so I'm not sure we'll get much done then. I wish we could just snap our fingers and get a sign up in the front yard. All year I've been dreaming about Halloween in a new house but it's not looking like that's going to happen.

Well, it's getting late and I have lunches to make for the boys. I finally downloaded all of my photos from the last couple weeks. I'm starting with the boys' first day of school. Bo was so cute with his little hands in his pockets, playing it cool and calm. And Mazy in his madras shorts that he loves so much, trying to smile naturally but not quite pulling it off. God I love that goofy smile of his when he's trying too hard!

Stay cool and stay tuned for pics from our trip to Cedar Rapids and the Sutton family reunion!



No comments:

Post a Comment