One-Yard Wonders projects

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Storm Advisory and Communities Culminating Event

Well the latest storm advisory just began about 9 minutes ago. Predictions of 4 to 6 inches of snow and a slow morning commute. No schools have been cancelled yet.

Mazy was home sick with Shawn today. He woke up last night with a really high fever, poor guy was burning up when he came into our room. The fever has been around most of today so he'll be home tomorrow no matter what. I brought home a bunch of files in case I'm home with him.

Last Friday was Mazy's third culminating event of the year. The topic was: Communities. Each student was assigned a community worker to research. Then they held a mock job fair, and the parents walked around to the different tables and talked to the workers, asking them questions and learning about their projects. Mazy was assigned to be a school teacher. So he had a presentation about "how to become a school teacher" and he also chose to research a nature educator, and created a project of all kinds of nature classes you can take. Here are some pics from the event:



After the job fair, we viewed some of their recent artwork. I liked this one Mazy created around the theme of Sinbad the Sailor. Great colors!



Bo is having a good week at preschool so far. He's learning how to read sight words. So far he can find: a, the, I, like, and some others that I forget. He brought home a book tonight that he read to me. He's very good at sounding out words. I love this stage of learning. They're so excited to learn and understand words. It's really fun and inspiring to watch.

Violet is in a great mood this week. She had her 9-month checkup yesterday. She's right on track developmentally and growing like crazy. I can't believe how big my girl is getting! She's so fun, too! I love this stage. She's learning to communicate with us, and I get such a kick out of her giggles, waves, smiles and shrieks. She was wrestling with the boys tonight. She's going to be one tough little cookie!

OK, I'm off to watch Face Off with Mazy and Shawn -- a costume/makeup competition on the SyFy channel. It's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment