One-Yard Wonders projects

Monday, November 19, 2012

Chemo Treatments Are Over!!!

Before I get into our day, I want to say that today was the LAST day of chemo treatments for my mom. She has been fighting breast cancer since May when she was diagnosed and now it is finally over for her. I'm so glad she's done, and I'm so, so, so glad that it was successful.


So I was home with Violet and Bo today. Talked to the nurse. His low fever and hacking-up-crud cough are actually good signs that he is slowly but surely getting over Strep throat. We are sending him to preschool tomorrow and hoping for the best... I kept Violet home because, well, I wanted to.  :)

Could you say not to this face?

Don't be ridiculous. Of course you couldn't.  :)  Oh Violet, what a little sweetheart you are! She just woke up about 30 minutes ago -- screaming bloody murder and thought she needed another bottle. Now she is downstairs with me and Shawn -- she has the boys' toys all to herself. And let me tell you, she is enjoying it.

By about 11 a.m. today, it became painfully obvious to me that I was not going to get much work done today. So I packed up Bo and Violet and we headed northwest to my sister's brand-new house! I was so excited to see it, and to see them! It's going to be great having them in Iowa with us again. Hudson was sleeping during our visit, but Theron was a very good hostess and showed us all around and entertained Bo very well. My uncle Doug was there with his paint crew finishing up all the painting. The house looks awesome -- Heidi is very good with colors and she had every room in the house painted. Lots of blues, greens and tans. Very pretty.

After that we drove around to kill some time until Mazy was done with school. He's always so happy when we can pick him up right at dismissal time. The little joys of life. I'm glad when I am able to do it.

Then we hung out and I worked for a couple hours until Shawn was home. We had gnocchi with shrimp, spinach and garlic broth. It was really good! Our first gnocchi. Everyone loved it, even Violet who ate quite a few.

Mazy apparently did not eat quite enough as several hours later he asked if I would make him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I said, "Go make one yourself! I'm working." So he went into the kitchen and did just that. And, sweet boy that he is, he made the first one for me -- telling me it was his own special way to make them and that it just might be the best peanut butter and jelly sandwich ever. And I'll tell you, it was delicious! He was so proud of himself. He asked me to take a photo, so I did:

And that was it. Just another manic Monday at our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment