One-Yard Wonders projects

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday Night at Our House

I just made caramel corn with roasted pecans. My homemade pumpkin bar are cooling. I'm about to head to the grocery store for supplies for tomorrow's annual Wirt picnic. Hopefully the weather is going to cooperate and be sunny like they're forecasting.

T-storms rolled through early this morning, as a result, soccer was cancelled. Bummer. Actually, it was a double bummer b/c I had to reschedule my Monday hair appointment for this morning at 9. It usually takes at least an hour -- because I get lots of fun perks with my haircut: hot tea, scalp massage, parafin wax hand treatment, makeup retouch and of course the haircut. But today I only had 30 minutes so I had to skip all that fun stuff!!

We rushed around, tempers were flaring, we grabbed all kinds of random stuff that we might or might not need for a rainy, muddy soccer morning and rolled into the park at 10 on the dot.

And there was not a soul there.....

It had been cancelled at 8:34 a.m., which was about 10 minutes before I left for my haircut.... Had we known that, I could have had a leisurely cut, enjoying all the perks and then gone shopping a little afterward. But, alas, it was not to be. Shawn's parents were also in Ankeny, on their way to the game, so we had them meet us at PetSmart and then we all went to lunch at China Moon. So it didn't turn out terribly.

And then Shawn and I got into an argument on the way home and I dropped him off with all the kids and went to the mall for two hours.  :)  Hey, I deserved that break. And I also needed a new outfit for a big client presentation I have next Friday. And I needed a new purse, too. :)

Now the house is in harmony again. Bo just came downstairs from his 5 hour nap! No joke. When that Bo is tired he sleeps like Rip Van Winkle. Violet is babbling at the weather girl on TV. Mazy is watching a video on my tablet. And I just realized it is 6:30 and I have no idea what we're having for supper. So I think I better get moving!

Before I go, I wanted to share some photos that Mr. Bo Hanson took at a recent soccer game. He took about 50 but I just chose a few of my favorites. I think it is so interesting to see life through a child's eyes. Happy Saturday!


 Uncle Doug, me, Mom's head, Maddox and Marla in the corner.

 He had about 25 photos of this guys back. 

 I wonder if this guy was getting self-conscious after seeing Bo take a picture of his backside about 20 times.


 Great photo of Marla!

 I really like this one, too. The trees were so pretty that day.

Portrait of the artist. Or at least the artist's shadow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment