One-Yard Wonders projects

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Shopping, Rocking and Reading with My Baby Girl

For three hours this afternoon, I sat in the recliner and rocked her. Just because I could.

Tonight after her bath, the boys and I read her books -- Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre -- the board book versions. She liked it. 

This morning, she and I went shopping at the mall. I dressed her in her jeggings, little flowered shirt and pink and white striped socks. So many people stopped to tell me how beautiful she is. Of course I agree with them. She is. She's just perfect in every way.

Tomorrow is my last day of maternity leave. I'll still have two weeks of working from home with her, but tomorrow is the last day that my only official job is taking care of that sweet, sweet baby girl. Oh Violet. I would take you to work with me every day if I could! I know you'll have fun with Daddy and Grandma Belinda when they take care of you, but I'd give anything if I could keep doing it.

Sweet baby girl. We love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment