One-Yard Wonders projects

Friday, June 8, 2012

Our Final Day of Maternity Leave

What a way to end a perfectly perfect 10 weeks! This morning I went to Mazy's final teacher conference of the school year. He is doing very well in all his subjects. If he could learn to keep his mouth shut during class time he would be a model student. :)  But I don't look for that to happen anytime soon. The boy loves to talk.

Following the conference, we went to the book fair where I let Mazy pick out two books (National Geographic U.S. Road Trips for Kids and another River Monsters book, plus a new Pout-Pout Fish book for Bo). Then we picked up Bo and Violet, who had been waiting at home with Shawn, and headed to the farm.

Three of my moms good friends happened to pull in right behind us -- all three were school teachers when I was in school. Some of my favorites, actually. So it was very fun to see them and catch up on their lives and their children's lives.

Then it was off to Grandma Maxine's for lunch with my aunt Sherie and her kids. It's always fun to see Grandpa and Grandma. Grandma made her famous chocolate cake with fudge frosting and homemade bread. Yum. Yum. Yum.

After lunch, we headed back to the farm for an afternoon of swimming in Grandpa Kevin's crystal-clear pool and drinking some frozen margaritas.

Aahhh, it was a good end for maternity leave. Now I have two weeks of working from home and then it's back to the grindstone at the agency.  :)  It's not really that bad. I just like to tease my coworkers.

Have a super fantastic weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment