One-Yard Wonders projects

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mazy and Violet

Shawn made this poster and printed two copies so the boys could show off Violet today.

I know a 7-year-old who has never been interested in babies.

He's smiled at a few.

Laughed at a couple of goofy ones on TV shows.

He might even have played with one once or twice. But for the most part, he's just not had much interest in them.

And then one day, all of that changed.

Big Brother Mazy met Little Sister Violet.... And to the surprise of all, he fell for that chubby-cheeked little girl as hard and fast as her daddy and mama did.

"Violet is cute when she sleeps."

"What does it mean when Violet does this?"

"Can I listen to Violet hiccup again?" (On the phone Tuesday night when I was telling him good night.)

"What outfit is Violet wearing today?"

"Does Violet like the teddy bear I found her?"

"Ohhh, she's so sweet."

"You're such a cute baby! She's the cutest baby ever."

"OK, she's done eating. Give her back to me. Mom, now!"

"Does Violet love me? I think she does."

It's the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

Today was early out at his school, so Shawn picked him up at 1:30 and brought him straight to the hospital. He walked in with a huge smile on his face, went to her bassinet and said, "Can I hold her?"

That was about an hour and a half ago. They are still together -- he's on the hospital bed with pillows on either side and Violet is snuggled up on him as content as can be. And I am one proud mama.

Tomorrow I'll tell you about Big Brother Bo, who might not be quite as smitten with the new baby as the rest of us but who is doing remarkably well with her.

Daddy's Little Princess
If you missed it on Facebook, here's a short video Shawn took of Violet on Tuesday and uploaded to YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment