One-Yard Wonders projects

Friday, February 10, 2012

This, That and Vacation Days!

So it's February intersession for Mazy. He's off all next week -- and I'm taking vacation days Monday and Tuesday to hang out with him. Bo has a dentist appointment Monday morning so I decided just to keep him home for the day with us as well. I think we might go to Ames to have lunch with Shawn and use a gift card I have for an outdoor gear store.

Normally I would be ecstatic on the night before four days off from work. Unfortunately, I have a big, terrible project looming over me that I need to finish this weekend... Ugh. I hate these kinds of projects -- I'm out of my league and don't know how to do it...

Anyway, here's a quick catch-up of the last few days:
  • Mazy's school conference on Thursday night was great! He's doing so well in first grade. Very proud of him and all his achievements. He's a good writer and he's excelling at math. No fair. :) 
  • Bo's hair is so long it's getting curly. I took a picture tonight after he took his stocking cap off -- oh my gosh, it was so funny and adorable! I'll show it to you this weekend.
  • Had lunch today with two former coworkers, Les and Kelley. Oh it was so much fun. We had Thai food, took a 2 hour lunch and had a great time catching up. I miss those two.
  • Tomorrow we are cleaning out the closet in our bedroom, taking stuff to Good Will and then sorting toys on the front porch. I might postpone house cleaning until Sunday morning. No sense in overdoing it! The organizing/sorting is more important right now. 
That's all. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment